If you need Permanent Supportive Housing

If you need permanent supportive housing and you are a single woman, a single man or a family,

Call 211 – (INFOLINE) . . . and press #3

or go online to: www.211ct.org

There are options for both English and Spanish.

Since the end of 2014, all people seeking emergency shelter must call 211 (Infoline) for assistance. This single point of entry makes it easier for people facing a housing crisis to locate available community resources.

Other elements of this new system are:

  • Assessment for eligibility and need in a standardized way
  • Assignment is based on need and local resources such as diversion, shelter, rapid re-housing, transitional housing, permanent supportive housing
  • Accountability to monitor process and outcomes; modify program as needed
  • Client centered! The goal of the system is for community resources to come together around the client. The providers will work together from the front door of shelter through housing resources to help each client exit homelessness.