What We’re Doing in Response to Covid-19
We've aligned with best practice recommendations from the CDC and State of CT. However, we need your help to fund the extra expenses that social distancing has created. Please consider helping those in our community most in need by clicking here and making a donation.
Some of the steps that we are taking:
- Gillespie Center, Hoskins Place and Project Return residents have been moved to a local hotel to enable social distancing. Program Directors and case management staff are at the hotel 24/7 to help.
- Our Community Kitchen Volunteer Program is suspended. However, we will order meals for all of our Community Kitchen and Gillespie guests from local restaurants allowing us to support eateries that also need our help. Individually packaged meals will be available to go daily at the Gillespie Center.
Lunch: noon - 1 pm and Dinner: 5 pm - 6 pm.
- Our Food Pantry will remain open on Mon/Tues/Thurs/Friday from 1 pm – 4 pm. To receive non-perishable groceries, please knock on the 2nd door of the Gillespie Center Courtyard at 45 Jesup Road and your food will be brought outside by a staff member. Non-perishable food donations can be dropped off Monday thru Friday 10 am - 2 pm. A member of our staff will collect donations left at the door. Please consider donating some of these much-needed items:
|Canned Meat/Fish - Chicken, Salmon, Spam, Tuna||Toilet Paper|
|Canned Fruit/Applesauce||Paper Towels|
|Peanut Butter & Jelly||Sanitizing Wipes|
|Canned Soups/Stews||Hand Sanitizer|
|Macaroni & Cheese||Disposable Gloves|
|Canned Vegetables||Laundry Detergent|
- School lunches are being delivered to children in our program.
- Case managers are in daily contact with our Supportive Housing residents and dropping off non-perishables as needed.
These changes will help ensure the safety of our community however, they will require funds beyond what we have budgeted. Your support to get us through this time would be greatly appreciated. Please consider helping those in our community most in need by making a donation today. The cost of feeding Community Kitchen guests for one lunch is $200, one dinner is $300, meals for one week is $3,500. Your generosity will mean so much to so many. Thank you and stay safe.